Tuesday, February 13, 2018

2018-07 - A Lifetime...

Lets say that when I turned sixteen, a genie had appeared to me and said, 'Warren, I'm going to give you the car of your choice. Brand-new.' I would have said, 'What's the catch?'


And the genie would have answered, 'This is the last car you're ever going to get in your life. So it's got to last a lifetime.'


I would have picked out a car. But, can you imagine, knowing it had to last a lifetime, what I would do with it? I would read the manual about five times. I would always keep it garaged. If there was the least little dent or scratch, I'd have it fixed right away because I wouldn't want it rusting. I would baby that car, because it would have to last a lifetime.


That's exactly the position you are in, concerning your mind and body. You only get one mind and one body. And it's got to last a lifetime.


~ Warren Buffett




You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going.

~ Yogi Berra

No comments:

Post a Comment