Tuesday, October 2, 2018

2018-40 - Dandelions...

I took great pride in my lawn. I mowed regularly, setup a sprinkler system, trimmed the bushes... but I could never get rid of my dandelions. I tried everything, from wet burning to weed-killer, fighting with every means in my power... but all to nought.

One fine day, my neighbour saw me struggling, and gave me a bit of advice, "I suggest you learn to love them." he said.

Learning to love them was no easy task for me. I began talking to them each day. Cordial. Friendly. They maintained a sullen silence. They were smarting from the war I had waged against them, and were suspicious of my motives.

But the day came when they smiled. And relaxed. And we started to be friends.

My lawn, of course, was ruined. But how attractive my garden became.  

~ Author Unknown



Embrace those parts of yourself that you've skilfully avoided until now. That's your true adventure.

~  Gina Greenlee, Postcards and Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment