Tuesday, April 16, 2019

2019-16 - The Needy King...

While a Sage was passing through the capital city of a famous king, he noticed a single coin on the road and though he had no use of it, he picked it up thinking to donate it to someone in need.

Next morning, he found that the king was going to war. When the king saw the sage, he ordered his army to stop. He came to the sage and said, "Oh Great Sage, I am going to war so that my state can be expanded. Bless me to be victorious".

After thinking a bit, the sage gave the coin to the king! The king was confused and annoyed with this because he had no need for a single coin! He curiously asked the sage, "What's the meaning of this one coin?"

The Sage explained, "Oh Great King! I found this coin yesterday, but I had no use of it. So, I had decided that I will donate it to someone needy. I strolled around till the evening but found no one such. It seemed that they were satisfied with what they had. But today, the king of this state, has the desire to gain more and is not satisfied with what he already has. So I felt you were in need of this coin."

~ Author Unknown





Greed is destructive. Need is creative.

~ Eartha Kitt

No comments:

Post a Comment