Tuesday, November 19, 2019

2019-47 - What, How, Who...

A little boy playing in his sandbox discovered a large rock. The lad managed to dislodge it from the dirt.

With a little bit of struggle, he pushed and nudged but found that he couldn't roll it up and over the little wall. Determined, the little boy shoved, pushed, and pried, but the rock tipped and then fell back into the sandbox. Finally he burst into tears of frustration.

At the moment the tears fell, a large shadow moved across the boy and the sandbox. It was the boy's father. Gently but firmly he said, "Son, why didn't you use all the strength that you had available?"

Defeated, the boy sobbed back, "But I did, Daddy, I did! I used all the strength that I had!"

"No, son," corrected the father kindly. "You didn't use all the strength you had. You didn't ask me."

With that the father reached down, picked up the rock, and removed it from the sandbox.

~ Rohan Matthew




To solve any problem ask yourself; What could I do? How could I do it? and, Who could I ask?

~ Rohan Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment