Tuesday, January 16, 2018

2018-03 - Spread the Happiness...

When I was little, my dad built me a lemonade stand. I'd set up outside the local car wash with a cooler and my little black safe. I didn't get many customers, but I always had fun.

An elderly gentlemen who lived across the street, would buy a glass of lemonade every day and pay me with a $1 Sacagawea coin. I built up quite a collection of these!

Older, I now stop at as many stands as I can, always paying more than the kids charge me. Once, I didn't have any money with me when I stopped at a little girls stand. I dug around in my car and eventually found a small black safe. There were my Sacagawea coins.

I almost shut the lid again because they mean so much to me, but then I realized that that is exactly why I had to pay with the coin. When I gave that little girl the shiny gold coin, I said "You hang on to this one, they don't make them anymore!" And her face lit up.

As I drove away, I saw her running to her sister to show her the coin and I knew that I had made her just as happy as I was when I was a little girl.

~ Author Unknown



"Happiness is not ready made. It comes from your own actions."

~ Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment