Tuesday, October 1, 2019

2019-40 - Kindness...

I just found out that there is a kid inn my daughter's school bus that keeps hitting her. I spent the whole evening coaching her on how to defend herself, and to get an adult to intervene.

Today she got home and I asked her how it went... I'm sad and yet also proud to say she didn't do what I told her.

She resolved the conflict her own way. She told the kid "I'll be your friend if you don't hit me."

That was the end of it. Six years of law enforcement, military training, crisis intervention, and two bachelors degrees and I never considered the kid might just need a friend, someone to show him kindness.

My daughter taught me a valuable lesson today.

~ Author Unknown






Love will find its way through all languages on its own.

~ Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment