Tuesday, April 29, 2014

2014-18 - Your dream...

My life has not followed a straight-forward path. I had no special connections or opportunities handed to me. Being an entrepreneur did not come easily. Growing up, nobody around me worked for themselves. Learning to listen deeply, (a major skill of coaching) was not something that came naturally to me. Yet, the most challenging thing I had to overcome was a deep fear that I was just a dreamer in the lowest sense of the word - someone who had beautiful visions, but no long-term follow through.

After college, I bounced from job to job, quit acting, walked away from medicine and left the most lucrative job I could ever hope to have at the time. I constantly asked myself, "Who am I to start a business? Who am I to coach others about how to have a meaningful, fulfilling life?"

As a coach, I know what it feels like to live day in and day out with the constant nagging of an unrealized dream in the background. I know how it feels to be at such a low point that ending my own life felt like a viable option. I know what it feels like to be absolutely paralyzed at the precipice of a life-changing decision for months, years or even decades.

I know how it feels to know the truth and to be too scared to act on it.

That's the reason I love coaching now. I had to learn the hard way. Had it all come naturally, I wouldn't have a clue how to lead others down the path of their Wild & Precious Life.

~ Author Unknown



"All coaching is, is taking a player where he can't take himself."

~ Bill McCartney
 

No comments:

Post a Comment