Tuesday, April 28, 2015

2015-17 - Many times in our lives...

We face situations that we don't expect - broken relationships, betrayal, unfaithfulness, etc., and all we do is sigh. But I noticed that life must go on, and all our burdens must be unloaded through forgiveness - forgiveness of yourself and forgiveness of others.

I didn't understand my cousin when she told me I should kill all those who do harm to me with kindness. But as I grow older, I realize that dwelling on the past hurts and guilt will not serve me well.

Once I forgave serious offenses, I noticed that I couldn't forget them but every time I remembered them, I smiled. There are no more pains brought just by the thought of them.

After all, life is good. Despite of all the hardships, pains, and difficulties life teaches me to be strong in facing any adversity while at the same time makes me compassionate to those who suffer.


~ Lumie Rose N Jawili

_____________________________________________________________

"Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."


~ Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment