Tuesday, December 13, 2016

2016-50 - Being Yourself...

One day a king came to the garden and saw withering and dying trees, bushes and flowers.

An oak said that he dies because it can't be as high as a pine. Applying to a pine tree, the king found her falling down because it can’'t give grapes like a grapevine. And the grapevine was dying because it couldn't blossom like a rose.

Soon he found a single plant, pleasing heart, bloomy and fresh. The king asked, "All the trees and flowers here are withering, and you are flourishing, why?"

"I think it comes naturally. I believe that when you planted me, you wanted to get joy. If you would like to grow an oak, grapes or rose, you would plant them. So I think that I can't be anything else than what I am. And I try to develop my best qualities.

Look at yourself. You can be only yourself. It is impossible for you to become someone else. You can joy and blossom or you can wither if you do not accept yourself."

~ Author Unknown



To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment