Tuesday, May 29, 2018

2018-22- Kindness…

When I was a nursemaid at the home of the landowners, a nun who happened to pass once gave me something square and white. Timidly I licked it and discovered that it was sweet and delicious.

I realize now that it must have been a sugar cube; but still, more than twenty years later, I remember clearly the joy I felt then.

It's not just children; everyone seems to be deeply touched by unexpected joy brought to them by others and is unable to forget it.

To do something kind for another is never a bad feeling; it fosters a spirit of caring for other people. And who knows, after a hundred years, human beings may even learn to cooperate with one another...

~ Sayo Masuda



“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.”

~ Plato

No comments:

Post a Comment