Tuesday, December 25, 2018

2018-52 - Sprit of Christmas...

What is the spirit of Christmas, you ask?  Let me give you the answer in a true story...

On a cold day in December, feeling especially warm in my heart for no other reason than it was the holiday season, I walked through the store sporting a big grin on my face.

Though most people were far too busy going about their business to notice me, one elderly gentleman in a wheelchair brought his eyes up to meet mine as we neared each other traveling opposite directions.  He slowed in passing just long enough to speak to me.

"Now that's a Christmas smile if I ever saw one," he said.

My lips stretched to their limit in response, and I thanked him for the compliment.  Then we went our separate ways. But, as I thought about the man and how sweetly he'd touched me, I realized something simply wonderful!  In that brief, passing interaction we'd exchanged heartfelt gifts!

And that, my friend, is the spirit of Christmas.

~ Richelle E. Goodrich (Smile Anyway)



For it is in giving that we receive.

~ Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment