Tuesday, March 12, 2019

2019-11 - A Teacher's Lesson...

We stood there on the corridor of our classroom talking with our English teacher, not on academic matters but on general issues. He was really speaking with us as if we were full adults. We were still in our penultimate class in high school.

In the cause of our discussion, my friend made a comment. Then our teacher stopped talking for a moment and said in effect, "You have just spoken like one of my friends. He never liked it when people are ill spoken of; never accuses them when they are unable to defend themselves because of their absence." I caught a message that changed me.

From that day it sank deep into me like a command not to say anything bad about a person. When I heard a rumour about someone, I don't receive and spread it. Not that I take sides but I believe everyone needs to be treated with some level of trust and credibility until that person proves otherwise.

~ Charmaine S



Beware of the half truth. You may have gotten hold of the wrong half.

~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment