Tuesday, September 3, 2019

2019-36 - Selflessness...

A few years ago I was walking to pick my son up from school. We lived too close for a bus pick-up. It had become a ritual for my son and I to walk home daily.

On one of those afternoons it began to rain heavily, about halfway back home. My son was sheltered by his jacket, but I was getting soaked.

When a car pulled up to the curb with a lone male driver in it, I panicked and began walking faster. The man, apparently realizing my fear, got out of the car (getting wet himself), handed me an umbrella, got back in his car, and drove off.

This small, but wonderful gesture proved to me that even with all the chaos in the world, there are still some people who will go out of their way to help others. This man was not looking for public praise, or trying to look good for anyone. He just did something nice, on his own, with no ulterior motive.


~ Author Unknown




Everywhere in life, the true question is not what we gain, but what we do.   

~ Thomas Carlyle

No comments:

Post a Comment